New Speakers for FTMTA Conference
Two additional speakers have been confirmed for the FTMTA National Conference, “The Farm Machinery Industry – Room to Improve”, which will be held in Portlaoise on Thursday, November 29th.
Ms. Amy Brennan of OmniPro Corporate Consultants will look at the critical elements of company law affecting Irish businesses and directors with a view to running more compliant and better businesses.
Some of the areas which Amy will cover include:
- The Incorporation Dilemma – To Incorporate or not.
- Limited Liability – Does the veil of incorporation mean anything anymore?
- Directors duties in insolvency – What to watch even when you are not insolvent.
- Unlimited liability companies – Keeping your private business private.
- Top 10 pitfalls and challenges for Irish company directors.
There will be an opportunity for 1-to-1 confidential advisory sessions afterwards if required.
Amy is the head of the Company Secretarial and Company Formation Department in OmniPro which is one of the leading advisors on Company Law to Accountants and Solicitors in Ireland.
Tony Clear is the Agriculture Business Manager with Leica Geosystems for Europe, Middle East and Africa. Tony has worked in a number of roles relating to GPS technology in a number of industries before taking on his current position in 2010. Currently based in Switzerland, Tony qualified as a qualified surveyor in Australia and this background has been utilised throughout his career in the business and management arenas. In the last three year’s Leica’s agriculture sales have more than quadrupled, including significant growth in 2012 in Ireland.
Tony will speak in relation to the ongoing evolution of GPS technology and will highlight the new business opportunities that this area presents for a farm machinery dealership.
Unfortunately, one of the previoulsy scheduled speakers, Ms. Mairead McGuinness MEP, has had to withdraw from the conference due to pressure of European Parliament business in Brussels and as a result a further speaker will be announced in the coming days.
The intention of FTMTA is to deliver a conference of value to all who attend as well as providing a valuable networking day for the industry. A major focus at the conference will be on the national launch of the FTMTA ProDealer Credit Policy which the Association has prepared in recent months and is recommending that FTMTA members adopt as a key aspect of how they do business in the future.
The other confirmed speakers are:
- Mr. Matt Dempsey, Editor of the Irish Farmers Journal, who will chair the conference
- Mr. Andrew Watson, Managing Director of New Holland UK & RoI
- Mr. Marc Coleman, Leading economic commentator, presenter of Coleman at Large on Newstalk 106 to 108fm and author of a weekly economics column in the Sunday Independent
- Mr. Declan Flood, Chief Executive of Irish Credit Management Training who will speak on implementing the FTMTA ProDealer Credit Policy
The conference is open to all active in the farm machinery industry and further information can be obtained by contacting the FTMTA office on 045 409309 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .The closing date for registration to attend the conference is November 23rd.
Be a part of a stronger farm machinery industry – join the Farm Tractor and Machinery Trade Association – contact FTMTA at 045 409309 or email@example.com for details.