Farm Machinery Safety
As silage gathers pace, FTMTA reiterates calls made by it over the years for those involved in working with agricultural machinery to be conscious of, and proactive in relation to, the safety of themselves and others. The Association calls on those active in agriculture and using agricultural machinery to be mindful of their safety and that of other people. Some small and practical steps can easily be taken to make the everyday use of farm machinery safer. Among other points:
• Clearly understand what all controls do and how to use them before you operate a tractor or any machine
• Make sure that the handbrake is working before you start any self propelled machine
• Check that nobody around the machine is in danger before moving off and be aware of others at all times
• Ensure that brakes and steering operate correctly
• Machinery should only be used for the purpose for which it was designed and in the fashion for which it was built.
Be a part of a stronger farm machinery industry – join the Farm Tractor and Machinery Trade Association – contact FTMTA at 045 409309 or email@example.com for details.